SunLive – What’s on – Art, Open House and Super Saturday
Good morning and welcome to Super Saturday. Ko te ra tenei and hanga e te Ariki. Ka koa tatou, ka koa hoki ki reira.
MetService is forecasting a fine day with initially light winds, then north winds in the early afternoon.
It’s a three-layer day with an expected high of 19 degrees and a night low of 11 degrees. Low tide is at 10:08 a.m. and high tide is at 4:42 p.m. Sunset is at 7:34 p.m.
What is happening today?
Vaccinations are available in the Baypark. Photo: John Borren / SunLive.
It’s Super Saturday, with a nationwide push to promote vaccination across New Zealand. For vaccination sites, see the bottom of this page.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology. Photo: SunLive.
The Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is hosting an open house on the Windermere campus from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Melanie Martin, Rowena Ashman, Lyn Watts and Marilyn Muirhead. Photo: John Borren.
The Artful Response exhibition is on view at the Tauranga Historic Village from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. In a premiere for the Bay of Plenty, textile and pigment artists come together to produce creativity in a unique way. For further information, click here
The Tauranga Art Gallery is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with the closing exhibition of The Unseen, an art-science exhibition that makes the invisible marine world visible. Artist and researcher Gabby O’Connor worked with communities and school children to study the risks associated with environmental and climate change and how this could affect the way we manage New Zealand’s marine ecosystems. 1,600 school children and their whānau and communities were involved in the collaborative work of art – and 12 km of rope. Click here for more
For more events, visit My Tauranga.
The elms | Te Papa Tauranga in Mission St is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Come and see the mission house and gardens. For further information, click here
The elms | Te Papa Tauranga. Photo: Rosalie Liddle Crawford.
Take a stroll through the Tauranga Art Gallery and check out the many exhibitions that are on there this week. The Willow Street gallery is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Love public art? The CITY ART WALK TAURANGA app is a free tour of 20 public works of art in Tauranga’s city center. For further information, click here
Diana Bomford, Tony Fraser and Hugh Bomford at the Lion and Tusk Museum on Mount Maunganui. Photo: Daniel Hines.
Have you been to the lion and tusk museum? It is open today from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Unit 4, 14 Portside Dr, Mount Maunganui. Come and see a huge exhibition of RHodesian military history and exhibits of uniforms, medals and equipment. The opening times are Thursday to Sunday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. For further information, click here
The incubator. Photo: Delivered.
The Incubator Creative Hub in the Tauranga Historic Village hosts many exhibitions, workshops and events every day. For further information, click here. Exhibition times are 10 a.m. – 2.30 p.m.
What’s still going on today?
A Revlon girl
16th Ave Theater – The real life story of mothers who meet every week after the Aberfan disaster in Wales in 1966. Warm, sad and surprisingly funny. Bookings @ iTicket
Sat, Mon and Wed at Club Mt Maunganui, 45 Kawaka St. 9:15 am for 9:30 am start. New players and visitors welcome. Ph Jacqui 574 9232
Bay Singles Social Club
Join a bunch of young singles over 50. Weekend dinners, gambling, occasional trips. Try! Tel. Delia 027 284 8762 Andrea 021 133 0313
Bay Singles Social Group
Join a bunch of young singles over 50. Weekend dinners, gambling, occasional trips. Try! Tel. Delia 027 284 8762 or Andrea 021 133 0313
Community Garden Day
Open at 11:00 AM at Rock Community Garden, 51 Hartford Avenue, Papamoa. Morning tea, if COVID allows it. See achievements in growing vegetables and plants. PH calculation 575 0407
Greerton Hall Market
2nd and last Saturday of the month. 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Stands inside / outside. Discounts for charity groups. Refreshments in the kitchen. Phone / txt for the site. Tricia 07 543 1487 or 0279082952, www.facebook.com/greertonhallmarket
Improvisation Comedy Jam
With the honest liars. The Arts Junction, 36 Main Road, Katikati. 19 o’clock. Cards $ 15. www.katikatifestivalofarts.org.nz Tel. 07 549 1658
Sat, Tue and Wed at the Tauranga Senior Citizens Club, 14 Norris Street (behind Pak N Save). 12:45 p.m. start. The $ 3 entry fee includes afternoon tea. New members welcome
Katikati crop exchange
Every 1st Saturday of the month at 14 Jocelyn Street. Exchange home garden products, plants, flowers, seeds, herbs, eggs, canned goods etc. 07 549 4522
Katikati open air art
Katikati Festival of Arts – “Illuminate the City” – “Mushrooms” glow at night – “Barry’s Park” glow; Fairy wonderland; Theatrical performance -The Arts Junction. AND MORE www.KatikatiFestivalOfArts.org.nz
LOL laughter wellness
Salmon sessions suspended until further notice. Please visit lollaughterwellness.weebly.com or Ph Trish 022 036 6768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information
Otumoetai tennis club
Tennis for adults. Start at 1:30 p.m. Bellevue Park Windsor Road (next to the swimming pool). New players and visitors welcome. Ph Victor 0275771818 a / h
BOP Petanque Club, Tawa St, Mt. Maunganui. Everyone welcome. Club days Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Info Tel. Bruce 022 309 9143
Tauranga Fuchsia Group
No meeting Sat. Oct. 30. Meetings usually on the last Saturday of each month at the Art & Craft Center. Tel. Noeleen 578 4643
Vaccination centers on Saturday:
• Pop-up vaccination clinic and free ice cream at beach volleyball on Mount Main Beach, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
• Free coffee coupons and vaccinations on Life Pharmacy Devonport Road from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• Get a coffee and get your shot at The Doctors Tauranga from 8.30am to 3.30pm
• Walk-in vaccinations at Ngati Kahu Hauora, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
• Vaccinations at Chadwick Healthcare in Greerton from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
• Community BBQ and walk-in vaccinations at the Welcome Bay Community Center, 11:30 am to 3:00 pm
• Free BBQ for those who get vaccinated at the Omokoroa Medical Center, Ōmokoroa, from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
• Walk-in vaccinations in the Poutiri Wellness Center – 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
• Community barbecue and walk-in vaccination clinic in Katikati RSA, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
• Community BBQ pit stop and walk-in vaccinations with free burgers, ice cream and spot prices on 11 Quay Street, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
• Walk-in vaccinations and free hāngī at Te Puna Ora o Mataatua, 92 King Street, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
• Coffee and café vouchers for those who get their chance at Unichem Total Health Pharmacy, 252 The Strand, from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
• Walk-in vaccinations with free coffee vouchers and Kiki cookie pies at The Dr’s Phoenix, – 9.30am – 4.30pm
• Coffee coupons and BBQ for those who are vaccinated at Ōhope Medical Center, 262 Pohutukawa Avenue, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
• Walk-in vaccinations with free wharf and a commitment of 10 USD for the nominated school, Kura, Marae or Eastern Bay Hospice for each vaccinated person at Ōpōtiki Health Center, 32A King Street, 10:00 am – 12:30 pm and 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• Walk-in vaccinations with free wharf and ice.
• Kawerau town hall, 9 am to 3 pm
• Chez Louis Pizza for everyone who has their chance! Located at Edgecumbe Pharmacy, Riverslea Mall, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Free chocolate for those vaccinated at the Riverslea Medical Center, Riverslea Mall, from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
The 5th Ave Family Doctors, Mount Medical Center, The Doctors Bayfair, Te Puke Medical Center, The Dr’s Papamoa and The Dr’s Phoenix will also be open to patients with booked appointments.
The accessible vaccination times have been extended in the BOPDHB vaccination clinics Mount Maunganui, Tauranga and Whakatāne:
Open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday – Sunday:
1. Mount Maunganui: Trustpower Baypark, Truman Lane
2. Tauranga: 87 First Avenue
3. Whakatāne: 11 Quay Street
Find out more about Super Saturday at www.covid19.govt.nz/super-Saturday