European Media Art Platform (EMAP) Residencies 2022 | ArtsHub UK
With the support of the Creative Europe program of the European Union, the European Media Art Platform is expanding its residency program to residencies in 15 countries for the next 3 years. We offer residencies for artists, artist duos, collectives or other artistic collaborations working in the fields of digital art, media art and bio-art. As a new feature of the EMAP residency program, we have introduced the “Collaboration” component. Applicants are expected to include a proposal for collaboration with their application.
European artists or collectives can apply with a project proposal for a stay of two months between June 2022 and January 2023. The artists work together with a person of their choice or a person on site at the host institution:
- Antre PeauxBourges, France
- Ars ElectronicaLinz, Austria
- FACT LiverpoolUnited Kingdom
- gnrationBraga, Portugal
- iMAL Brussels Belgium
- IMPACT [Centre for Media Culture]Utrecht, Netherlands
- Institute Kersnikova (Gallery Kapelica)Ljubljana, Slovenia
- KONTEJNER | Office for Contemporary Art Practice, Zagreb, Croatia
- LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación IndustrialGijon, Spain
- m-CultHelsinki, Finland
- NeMe art centerLimassol, Cyprus
- Onassis StegiAthens, Greece
- RIXC Center for New Media CultureRiga, Latvia
- Werkleitz Center for Media ArtHalle (Saale), Germany
- WRO Arts Center, Wroclaw, Poland
The residence includes:
– an invitation to the kick-off conference in Zagreb on June 17-19, 2022
– a grant of €4,000 for the applying artist(s), including subsistence costs
– a grant of €2,000 for collaborating artists
– a project budget of €4,000
– Accommodation provided by the host organization
– Travel expenses up to €1,000
– Free access to technical facilities and/or media laboratories of the host institution.
It also includes professional presentation and the option to participate in exhibition tours at festivals/exhibitions hosted by EMAP members in 2022-2024, as well as the option to receive presentation bursaries if exhibited by EMAP partner institutions.
Applications should be submitted online and must include a CV, (audio)visual documentation of previous work and a preliminary plan and presentation of the proposed project to be developed under the EMAP residencies programme. The participating artists do not have to be known at the time of submission.
Applicants must be EU citizens or taxpayers in an EU member country or in the UK.
Emerging artists, regardless of age and academic level, are encouraged to apply. Undergraduate and masters students are not eligible, but graduate students may apply.
Please read the FAQ section for your questions!
About EMAP: www.emare.eu
Application deadline: April 27, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CET
For more information visit European Platform for Media Art (EMAP)